Thursday, August 27, 2015

"No, I didn't fall!"

I'm talking to Grandma this morning, and she asks about my run.  I said, "Oh, let me tell you about my run today."  Her immediate reply was, "You didn't fall, did you?"  Seriously, does she think I'm that uncoordinated?  (Between you & me, I know she still is of the belief that I ended up in the hospital after all those falls at DTR in April.)

No, today's run had no falls; it was pretty good (if I do say so myself).  The goal was to do 11 miles at a pace of 8:00-8:15 per mile.  Before starting the run, I figured that 8:15 was pretty do-able for this, but 8:00 probably wasn't.  I wasn't really aiming for anything in particular other than to keep it at or below 8:15.  Here's how it shook out.

When I had 7:49.8 show up after finishing mile 5, I literally let out a "whoa!"  I did try to slow myself down a bit (which is what you see from miles 5-7), but that sort of didn't last.  LOL!  It'll be interesting to see if RCJ says "great job" or if it's more along the lines of "slow the F down, woman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment