Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Today Is a Rest Day. No, I'm Not Kidding!

Would you believe me if I told you that the schedule for today said that it could be a rest day or an easy 5 miles, and I chose a rest day?  No, I don't believe it either, but it's true!  Why?  Well, last week had me running every day from Tuesday up through & including Sunday.  This week's schedule has me running on Monday & Tuesday, and had I not taken a rest day today, I would have kept going until Saturday.  As it was, last week's running days and the first two days of this week meant I had run 8 days in a row.  I do love running (probably as much as I don't like boring rest days), but I know my bones & muscles need the rest which is why I opted to take the rest day.  In the big picture, not doing an optional easy 5 miler won't make or break my training...

No comments:

Post a Comment