Friday, September 18, 2015

2 Doctor's Visits in 1 Day...I Feel Old!

I certainly shouldn't have waited to see either doctor, but you know how it goes: you have pain, you think "I should see the doctor," it sort of goes away (or seems manageable), you think "I don't need to see the doctor," and then it comes back, so you (again) think, "I need to see the doctor."  Yeah, this has been me for about 2 weeks for the back of my leg and about a week for my toe.

Today, I finally had enough and decided I just needed to go; it was either go now or go later.  As Dr. John would say, "pay me now, or pay me later" in terms of addressing an injury.  (Hmmmmm, my philosophy is always that later sounds like a better idea!)  Anyway, I took a picture of my progressively-more-purple toenail & texted it to Dr. Joe Taub.  (Don't remember Dr. Taub and the work he had to do on my other foot from about a year ago?  Refresh here.)  Since Joe's a runner, I feel much better going to him because he won't be one of those doctors who say "just don't run for a few days."  I'll spare you the details on what he did, but suffice it to say that I left and felt like I could only drag my leg.

Interesting side note, when I walked into Dr. Taub's office, I was probably the youngest person in the waiting room by a good 30+ years.  I'm not sure if that made me feel really young or really old.

Later in the day, I was able to get in to see Dr. Dan, who I had not seen in a long time.  He was able to work some ART on me and get me feeling good.  So, after two different doctors, I think I'm back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment