Sunday, September 20, 2015

Today's Run: 10 Miles at Marathon Pace (MP)

After taking yesterday off and deciding to move those miles to today in order to give my toe an additional day to heal, it was time to hit the road in my "convertible" shoes.  Last year, Dr. Taub suggested that I cut a hole in the top of one sneaker that still had some life left in it.  This way, there would be no pressure on my nail.  Because the universe works in mysterious ways, this year, it's my other foot that's having a toe issue which meant cutting the other sneaker of that pair.  I did this handy-work on Friday since I knew I'd be needing the convertible at some point over the weekend.

Here's how today's run went.  The goal was to do 10 miles at marathon pace.  Of course, "marathon pace" means different things to different people, but Joan wants me shooting for times near the 8 minute per mile pace.  The humidity this morning made it tough, but I got it done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment