Saturday, September 5, 2015

Today's Run Was a Good One!

If you're reading this blog, you likely know that this week sucked.  I won't be broken, and a certain someone is not going to be allowed to derail my training or stop me from reaching this next goal of mine.  (May I humbly throw in a stress-relieving "Go f*ck yourself!" right now?  Ahhhh, that feels good!)  I'd be lying if I said this week's runs were easy, but after a rest day yesterday, I'm happy that today's run was a really good one!  It has left me re-energized and looking forward to next week!  Let me fill you in.

Today's long run had me doing 16 miles with at least 6 at tempo pace.  RCJ said she'd join me, and I was looking forward to the company.  We chat most of the time, and it makes the miles fly by.  I had a pretty good route planned out.  We started out in Tradition, ran into St. Lucie West, and then swung back into Tradition to wrap things up.  I really like this route; it's got one bridge that you end up running twice, but the rest of it is pretty flat and semi-interesting.

RCJ is such an amazing runner that I'm always inspired to run with her and want to do my best.  We agreed to do 5 of the 6 tempo miles in the middle and then to make the last mile a good, fast final kick.  Check out what's below; the highlighted parts are the tempo miles.

Yeah, I was quite surprised to see a 7:20 final mile!  I knew it was fast, but if I had to guess, I don't think I would've thought it was that fast.  Cool stuff for sure that left me thinking maybe this Boston goal is do-able!

What might've been even cooler than that was the text that I got from another running friend, Stephanie.  She sent me this: "Joan posted about your fantastic run this morning on FB. Well done chica. Boston here you come!!!"  Thanks, Stephanie!  Your text means a lot to me.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I get the call to bail you out and the airline asks if my trip is for business or pleasurable, how do I respond? Not sure where posting someone's bail falls on this spectrum!! Ha

    ReplyDelete