Sunday, June 14, 2015

I Need to Slow Down...Literally

I need a training plan from someone who knows what he or she is doing; left to my own devices, I rarely slow myself down!  Need proof?  Check this out & see if you can spot what's wrong?

Have you spotted it?  No, it's not the 5:37am start time.  Haha!  It's the average pace of 8:02!  Saturdays are all about long, slow runs.  There's nothing slow about an 8:02 pace over this many miles.  To qualify for Boston, I'll need an average pace of around 8:22.  There's no reason I should be running this fast on the runs that are meant to be slow.

One of these days, I'll figure out what I'm doing as far as a training plan & run coaching.  As is already evident, I need plenty of guidance on this.

1 comment:

  1. Here's your guidance. Stop listening to the experts. You're a fast runner! Run fast and WIN!

    ReplyDelete