Monday, June 29, 2015

The Nicest Thing Happened at Starbucks

I love me some Starbucks.  It's a good pre-run treat to look forward to in the morning (plus, it helps to motivate my lazy ass to get out of bed at oh-dark-thirty), so every now & then I'll swing by a Starbucks, get a Venti coffee, and put it in the fridge.  Since I was going to be in Stuart to meet Stephanie for lunch today, I figured I'd make the trek across the bridge and hit the Starbucks in Jensen Beach because it was sort of (but not really) on my way home.  My work hours didn't start for a while, and because I was in no rush, I was lazy and went through the drive-thru knowing that I'd be waiting in line.  When it was finally my turn to get up to the window & pay, the barista said "the car in front of you already paid for this."  Huh?  Really?  Yes, really!  I don't know if this person knew that I ordered one of the cheaper things on the menu, but how much of a nice and completely unexpected surprise was that?!

I decided to call Grandma and tell her about this.  What was her response?  "Oh, I've heard of people doing that."  So hip and up on current goings-on this grandmother of mine is!

No comments:

Post a Comment