Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 1 of Training - Done!

This was my 'official' first week of training under Coach Joan's guidance.  Other than running fewer miles than I have in about a month or so, it was a very good week!  This is what she had me do:

You've probably noticed that she mentioned twice the need to back down on mileage.  However, she promised me that it would be going back up (eventually) and would probably get to around 70 miles per week.

Joan and I did Tuesday's workout together, and that was fun because she showed me the Skyline Drive area of Jensen Beach which has some decent "hills" for this area.  Before we met that morning, I ran into the Walgreens where we decided we'd start our run; I had to get some more chapstick.  Of course, I'm in my running gear, and one of the employees asked if I just got done running.  Snarky Kim's response would have been "if I look this good after a run, I wasn't running hard enough."  Instead, Polite Kim answered with "not yet - just waiting for a friend."  Had this same employee seen me at the end of the run (after 8 miles of hills in almost 80 degree heat with about 90% humidity), he would have known that I had already done my run!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment