Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 2 of Training...Aiming Higher

This was part of one email that Joan sent me today (6/28): "Did you get a chance to look at the plan and notes? I'm thinking we should set our goals a bit higher....".  Are you intrigued?  Here's the scoop: for me to qualify for the Boston Marathon, I need to run a marathon on a course that's been "certified" and have a time of no more than 3 hours and 40 minutes.  However, so many people want to run Boston that you aren't going to get an entry if you're just seconds under your qualifying time.  I already knew this, so the original plan was for me to aim for running a 3:35.  That, in my opinion, was going to be a stretch to accomplish.  However, Joan wants me to aim for 3:30 and is now setting up my training plans based on this goal.  (This, if you're wondering, is what would be called a BQ -10.)  Hey, you know me, I'm up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment