Saturday, July 18, 2015

A New Record - 8 Days & 75 Miles

If you consider just this week (Monday through tomorrow), there is no record mileage; I'm at 54 miles which is pretty status-quo for many weeks I've had over the last few months.  However, if you factor in that my week 3 and week 4 training schedules went back to back and that I've been running every day since last Friday, that's when you get the record: 8 days & 75 miles!  I don't think I've ever had a span of 8 days in a row where every single one of those days involved running, and I'm pretty damn sure that I've never reached 75 miles in that time period either.  Yeah, I'm tired, and I was tired going into this week just knowing what the final tally would be.  It's done, I feel great, and I am totally looking forward to a true 100% rest day tomorrow.

Something made me go back to my other blog when I was training a year ago for SoMo, my first marathon.  Man, there's a lot of good stuff in there; some of it's funny, some of it's serious, some of it's just random as all get-out (in the words of Gram).  I hope this blog is living up to the usual standards of past ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment